Skip to main content
Topic: Gererator Slide (Read 242 times) previous topic - next topic

Gererator Slide

I am wondering if anyone owning  these Class C units has purchased or fabricated some type of apparatus in which the generator cam be EASILY removed?
While I have observed many slide out like used on slide out trays, I have not seen anything that can be used with these generators.
It would appear the generator must be lowered 8 inches or so to clear the compartment before it could be slide outside the compartment.
I would like to hear any thoughts or ideas you have had on this issue.
Thanks

Re: Gererator Slide

Reply #1
I recently removed my Kohler 4kW gas generator in my Tiara 29, where engine room space is at a premium, to say the least. With it out of the boat, I am really liking it, but I do have a 9000btu air conditioning system that I would like to run while off the dock. I really don't ever plan to overnight away from any docks that don't have shore power, so just looking to run it for when I'm fishing in the hot FL summers to cool off a bit.

The space where it was would be great with an 8d battery or two and inverter/charger. These would be totally separate from the other batteries (currently one starting for each side, and a 2 battery bank fir the house, plus one starting for the generator that would be removed). I would also see about adding a solar panel. I am hoping that these large amp hour batteries these days can do the trick.

Re: Gererator Slide

Reply #2
I am wondering if anyone owning  these Class C units has purchased or fabricated some type of apparatus in which the generator cam be EASILY removed?
While I have observed many slide out like used on slide out trays, I have not seen anything that can be used with these generators.
It would appear the generator must be lowered 8 inches or so to clear the compartment before it could be slide outside the compartment.
I would like to hear any thoughts or ideas you have had on this issue.
Thanks
Hi Don, I’m looking for “Diesel” generator trouble shooting help here. Haven’t seen anything yet!
But as soon as you figure out the slide out tray I’ll be very interested in following in your footsteps!
Mike (AKA) Mikey
In Saint George UT