Skip to main content
Topic: Rear view monitor relocate? (Read 633 times) previous topic - next topic

Rear view monitor relocate?

Yahoo Message Number: 6093
Has anyone seen or done a relocate on the monitor panel from the visor to say the top of the dash?

Because of my height, when it's flipped down to see the monitor, the visor blocks my vision ahead much more than I like. On our previous class A the monitor was in the dash. Got really used to having it on all the time since I couldn't see the toad behind me while driving, and would prefer the same on the Conquest.

Ken

Re: Rear view monitor relocate?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6094
Ken, I purchased a completely different monitor and mounted new right and left hand cameras also. We cut out the area between the sun visors on my 06 Jayco Seneca and installed a new monitor. Takes some wiring changes and not as handy as possibly in the dash but works fine. I then purchased a new sun visor and replaced the one that came with the Seneca.

Mike

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6097
The 2007 Gulf Stream Kodiak chassis motor homes had a center mounted monitor. You can see it in the 2007 brochure .
I have no idea where you can get one though. If you find one. Let me know where. I want one.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 6100
I've been looking on Ebay for wireless backup systems. There are a lot to choose from and not to expensive. The wired ones need to have the cables extended for the monitors in an RV. I would like to have one that can be expanded to include side cameras in the future. I especially like the 10.2 inch mirror mount type monitors. The 7" would probably adequate. Check out Ebay under rear view monitors and cameras.
Denny

2006 Seneca 35GS Dmax. Ford Ranger toad.

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, December 30, 2010 11:51:24 AM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Rear view monitor relocate?

Ken, I purchased a completely different monitor and mounted new right and left hand cameras also. We cut out the area between the sun visors on my 06 Jayco Seneca and installed a new monitor. Takes some wiring changes and not as handy as possibly in the dash but works fine. I then purchased a new sun visor and replaced the one that came with the Seneca.

Mike

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 6111
Mike and I did the same "between the visors" location for a 7" Voyager monitor. Here is a link to some pictures of the installation:

http://cid-0c1fd01e198ee7af.photos.live.com/self.aspx/Interlude%20-%20Our%20Jayco%20Seneca%2034SS%20Motorhome/Cockpit%20Side%20%5E0%20Rear%20View%20Camera%20Monitor. JPG#resId/C1FD01E198EE7AF!359

Craig